"Learn to Soar" - A Collaboration with my Toddler

March 23, 2019

A Collaboration with my Toddler

"Learn to Soar"

by Theodore & Ruth Oosterman

The little boy did not know how to swim but he did know how to fly 🎈
So he struck a deal with the whale,
"Teach me how to swim and I'll show you how to soar," said the boy.
And so he did...



Whenever I collaborate with my children I focus on maintaining the integrity of their work by using the original lines and shapes created by them and using their personalities as inspiration. Theodore is such an adventurous spirit full of laughter and character and a fascination for flying and animals that it was easy to see his personality shouting from the painting.

  I also drew inspiration from this illustration created several years ago that seems to continue the story of the boy and his whale.



Here is the timelapse video of the entire process, enjoy!




You Might Also Like

0 comments